Teaching Aids :
To help break the monotony of the traditional ‘Chalk-and-talk method’, SCGEA has hi-tech learning in each of its class rooms with the introduction of ‘Smart Class’ of Pearson Educational Services, 3D Labs, Maths Lab, Composite Science Lab, Computer Science Lab with Internet facilities etc. special Audio-Visual classes for lower infants through different types of learning CDs.
Smart Class – Pearson, Lesson for life.
Pearson Digiclass is a comprehensive solution designed to assist the educators at SCGEA to enhance pupil’s academic programme with simple practical and meaningful use of technology. The module is essentially open-ended where teachers can add their customized sets of tests for testing and evaluation in the subjects of their choice. ‘Digiclass’ of Pearson will be functional in all classes to enhance learning experiences.
Assessment & Evaluation :
Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) refers to a system of school based evaluation of students that covers all aspects of student development. It is a developmental process of student which emphasizes on two fold objectives. These objectives are continuity in evaluation and assessment of broad based learning and behaviourial outcomes on the other. Learning is a continuous process rather than an event and to be assessed through the scholastic and the co-scholastic aspects of the students’ growth and development. We aim at assessing a learner’s development in areas of learning like :
To improve the teaching learning process, Assessment would be both Formative and Summative. There would be four Formative Assessments and two Summative Assessments in each academic session spread over in two terms. Thus children would be awarded Performance Grades and Effort Grades.
School Discipline :
1. Discipline related to day to day school work, behaviour and interaction with peers/seniors/juniors/superiors is an essential ingredient of education.
2. All the Do’s and Don’ts regarding school have been clearly spelt out above, under various heads.
3. The school Discipline Committee will deal with all acts of indiscipline as per laid down guidelines and its decisions will be binding on all concerned.
4. Students should refrain from activities which may disturb the orderly conduct of the school. Any breach of school rules will lead to punishment such as suspension or termination.
5. Any damage to school property that is directly attributable to any student will be assessed and the bills will be sent to the parents.
6. Apart from Sundays, vacations, breaks and Govt. holidays as mentioned in school calendar, the school shall remain closed on 2nd and 4th Saturdays.
7. All students are expected to be present on the school re-opening days, after each vacation. Absence will be entail fine unless valid reasons are furnished in writing, duly signed by the parents.